B.A. in Languages, Literatures, and Cultures, Spanish
In this Languages, Literatures and Cultures – Spanish program from Colorado State University students will gain communicative oral skills in the target language, including grammatical accuracy, correct use of tense, fluency, appropriate intonation, suitable vocabulary and discourse devices for expressing opinions or when giving research presentations.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||January, August|
|Tuition Fee:||$32,734 per year|
|Location:||Fort Collins, CO, United States|
Upon completion of the Languages, Literatures and Cultures – Spanish program from Colorado State University of study, students will demonstrate:
- Communicative writing skills in the target language, including clarity of ideas, grammatical accuracy and appropriate vocabulary, adequate elaboration of ideas through a variety of sentence structures and vocabulary, and logical flow of ideas through the use of discourse organizational devices.
- Analytical skill in literary and cultural texts of the target language, including ability to formulate and present a topic of inquiry, to critically analyze the topic with valid supporting evidence, and to cogently synthesize and summarize the ideas in bibliographical sources and the results of their own analytical inquiry.
- Increased sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural and linguistic differences.
The department strongly encourages education or other experiences abroad and has exchange agreements in place with universities in several countries. Students should visit the department prior to studying abroad for clarification on course transfers. Information is available through Education Abroad.
Available career choices include, but are not limited to: bilingual educator, foreign language teacher, translation/interpretation, linguist, civil service, foreign service and diplomacy, medical fields, social services, immigration/naturalization, journalism/ broadcasting, customs, banking, import/exports, sales/customer service, publishing, international business, international nonprofit organizations, government/military intelligence, global tourism.
“My experience at CSU, and particularly in the Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology has been invaluable! The program was both challenging and supportive.”
Sara Bombaci // Master of Science
- Western Civilization, Modern
- World History, 1500-Present
- Spanish for Heritage Speakers
- Reading and Writing for Communication-Spanish
- Approaches to Spanish Literature
- Issues in Hispanic Culture
- Oral Communication-Spanish
- Spanish Phonetics
- Business Spanish
- Spanish for Health Care
- Spanish Professional Terminology in Context