B.A. in Art, Integrated Visual Studies
The Art – Integrated Visual Studies major at Colorado State University is an ideal program for students to develop skills as makers and thinkers. Students take a relatively equal ratio of studio and academic classes that foster critical awareness of how society is reflected and produced through visual means in the twenty-first century.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||January, August|
|Tuition Fee:||$32,734 per year|
|Location:||Fort Collins, CO, United States|
By making work and interpreting images from art, photography, film, television and commercial imagery, students learn to analyze visual communication from a variety of aesthetic, theoretical, scientific, economic, sociological, and historical viewpoints. A combination of studio and academic classes are required.
The Art – Integrated Visual Studies major at Colorado State University enables students to organize multiple approaches to visual thinking that cut across various disciplines into a logical whole. Integrated visual studies students will have the curricular flexibility to pursue other academic interests and extracurricular activities with greater intensity, as well as to pursue explorations in the theoretical and technical aspects of art-making within a studio practice.
Integrated Visual Studies students will demonstrate:
- Communication skills in written and oral form with precision, cogency, and rhetorical force.
- The ability to explain and defend creative/research effectively and rationally; advocating for their world view.
- Skills of invention and innovation–developing things and ideas that never existed before.
“My experience at CSU, and particularly in the Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology has been invaluable! The program was both challenging and supportive.”
Sara Bombaci // Master of Science
- Issues and Practices in Art
- Global Art History
- Foundations – Form and Observation
- Foundations – Color and Composition
- Foundations – Materials and Space
- College Composition