B.S. in Business Administration, Finance, Investment Analysis
The Business Administration – Finance – Investment Analysis option at Colorado State University focuses on the theoretical and practical aspects of investment valuation, selection, and portfolio management, for both individual and institutional investors.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||January, August|
|Tuition Fee:||$32,734 per year|
|Location:||Fort Collins, CO, United States|
This Business Administration – Finance – Investment Analysis option at Colorado State University is designed to prepare undergraduate students to enter the finance profession with comprehensive knowledge and real world skills in their area of emphasis.
Students will demonstrate the ability to:
- Display broad conceptual knowledge, analytical abilities, and problem solving skill sets in finance
- Analyze and interpret financial statements, and capital markets and economic data to inform business decisions
- Explain the role of business financing and investment decisions on firm value
- Understand the structure and function of financial markets, and the pricing of securities that trade in these markets
- Characterize the relationship between expected return and various sources of risks
- Identify and implement asset allocation and portfolio diversification strategies to improve investment outcomes
- Appreciate the role of the firm in the broader economy and society including an understanding of the many stakeholders of the firm in global markets
Finance students are prepared for a number of different careers in business. Internships and volunteer experiences enhance skills and marketability.
Examples of fields in which graduates can find finance-related occupations include: commercial, mortgage, and investment banking; corporate finance; investments; portfolio management; financial analysis; securities analysis; loan analysis; risk management and insurance; stock brokerage; government banking and securities regulation; government finance; teaching and research.
“My experience at CSU, and particularly in the Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology has been invaluable! The program was both challenging and supportive.”
Sara Bombaci // Master of Science
- Foundations of Sustainable Enterprise
- Business Information Systems
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Calculus in Management Sciences
- Ethics in Contemporary Organizations
- Social-Ethical-Regulatory Issues in Business