B.S. in Business Administration, Finance
This Business Administration – Finance major at Colorado State University is designed to prepare undergraduate students to enter the finance profession with comprehensive knowledge and real world skills in their area of emphasis. The field of finance is constantly evolving. The program focuses on providing state-of-the-art tools, techniques, and computer applications.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||January, August|
|Tuition Fee:||$31,712 per year|
|Location:||Fort Collins, CO, United States|
Students in the Business Administration – Finance major at Colorado State University will demonstrate the ability to:
- Display broad conceptual knowledge, analytical abilities, and problem solving skill sets in finance
- Analyze and interpret financial statements, and capital markets and economic data to inform business decisions
- Explain the role of business financing and investment decisions on firm value
- Understand the structure and function of financial markets, and the pricing of securities that trade in these markets
- Characterize the relationship between expected return and various sources of risks
- Identify and implement asset allocation and portfolio diversification strategies to improve investment outcomes
- Appreciate the role of the firm in the broader economy and society including an understanding of the many stakeholders of the firm in global markets
In addition to the core areas of asset valuation, investments, and global finance, the concentration allows students to select from three options for more in-depth study.
- The Corporate Finance option prepares students for positions in both financial and non-financial business enterprises in which they will need to make and defend strategic financial decisions in capital budgeting, planning, control, and policy.
- The Investment Analysis option focuses on the theoretical and practical aspects of investment valuation, selection, and portfolio management, for both individual and institutional investors.
- The Real Estate Finance option prepares students for careers in commercial or residential real estate and related industries, while also providing strong foundations in financial analysis.
Finance students are prepared for a number of different careers in business. Internships and volunteer experiences enhance skills and marketability.
Examples of fields in which graduates can find finance-related occupations include: commercial, mortgage, and investment banking; corporate finance; investments; portfolio management; financial analysis; securities analysis; loan analysis; risk management and insurance; stock brokerage; government banking and securities regulation; government finance; teaching and research.
“My experience at CSU, and particularly in the Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology has been invaluable! The program was both challenging and supportive.”
Sara Bombaci // Master of Science
- Business Information Systems
- College Composition
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Calculus in Management Sciences
- Ethics in Contemporary Organizations
- Social-Ethical-Regulatory Issues in Business