B.A. in Dance
A rigorous classical and contemporary dance program culminating in a Bachelor of Arts in Dance is offered at Colorado State University.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||January, August|
|Tuition Fee:||$32,734 per year|
|Location:||Fort Collins, CO, United States|
Our Bachelor of Arts in Dance is offered at Colorado State University and offers intensive training in dance technique and performance, choreography, and pedagogy, designed to prepare students for a variety of dance-related careers after college.
Technique classes in classical and contemporary forms are aimed at achieving a high level of performance and artistry.
Students have multiple opportunities to apply theoretical knowledge in tangible ways, such as performance of repertoire, supervised teaching, supervised concert direction, and choreography for concerts. Beginning freshman year, students are eligible to perform in our four, annually produced dance concerts.
The School of Music, Theatre, and Dance is comprised of esteemed faculty and administrative and production staff, all dedicated to supporting student education in the arts.
Why Dance at CSU
- Diverse faculty with expertise and qualifications on national and international levels
- Comprehensive curriculum with an emphasis on career preparation in a liberal arts setting
- Experiential coursework and leadership opportunities including supervised teaching, direction, choreography, and performance
- Individualized mentorship from faculty and fellow students
- Live musical accompaniment for technique classes
- Exceptional guest artist residencies and masterclasses with world-renowned artists from companies such as Compagnie Käfig, Complexions Contemporary Ballet, Martha Graham Dance Company, Keigwin + Company, Parsons Dance, and more
“My experience at CSU, and particularly in the Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology has been invaluable! The program was both challenging and supportive.”
Sara Bombaci // Master of Science
- Dance Improvisation
- Dance Choreography
- Performance Practicum
- Teaching Creative Movement for Children
- Costume Construction for the Theatre
- Stage Management
- Costume Design