B.A. in History, Language
The History – Language major at Colorado State University is an especially appropriate choice for students who plan to pursue graduate study in history or international affairs, and for those who hope to work in the areas of national security, diplomacy, or international business.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||January, August|
|Tuition Fee:||$32,734 per year|
|Location:||Fort Collins, CO, United States|
Students in the History – Language major at Colorado State University will demonstrate:
- Analyze and interpret historical materials, such as documents, material artifacts, and images;
- Engage in chronological reasoning to understand causation and change over time;
- Examine critically how people in the past understood their own history in scholarly works and in popular forms such as myths, memorials, and other public commemorations;
- Interpret, write, and speak about the past using evidence and according to the standards and expectations of the historical discipline, including honest use of evidence, openness to multiple perspectives, and historical empathy; and
- Analyze both change and continuities over time by considering how events such as revolution, migration, war, ecological disturbance, and globalization changed societies as well as how structures like class, ethnicity, gender, race, sexuality, climate and religion shaped societies over a longer time horizon.
- Government official in foreign service, national security, military, cultural resources management, and other areas;
- History teacher in public and private schools;
- Any professional occupation in business or public service requiring a liberal arts education and skills in research, writing, and the analysis of information;
- With additional graduate training: lawyer, physician, social worker, minister, librarian, museum curator, archivist, professor, educational administrator, or other professional.
“My experience at CSU, and particularly in the Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology has been invaluable! The program was both challenging and supportive.”
Sara Bombaci // Master of Science