B.A. in Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts
In this Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts is a degree program at Colorado State University students create their own program of study, choosing courses within the College of Liberal Arts based upon their academic interests, personal curiosity, and future career goals.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||January, August|
|Tuition Fee:||$32,734 per year|
|Location:||Fort Collins, CO, United States|
The Major in Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts from Colorado State University is a B.A. degree program combining humanities, arts, languages, performance, media, communication, literature, and social sciences so as to foster interdisciplinary knowledge, core career competencies, personal development, professional excellence, interpersonal confidence and expertise, and a richer understanding of the complex world in which we live.
Students will demonstrate the following skills:
- Writing effectively about the knowledge and perspectives of their field of study
- Speaking effectively, including
- Communicating information effectively, including
- Thinking critically about contemporary issues, particularly within various interdisciplinary perspectives and contexts, including
- Working collaboratively with others, employing
- Problem-solving and innovation in real-world contexts and existing realities
Graduates in Interdisciplinary Liberal Arts apply their education in a wide variety of careers and/or academic professions, including public policy, politics, healthcare, artistic production, mass media, engineering, law, city planning, business, information systems, international business, journalism, publishing, education, sales and marketing, management and administration, government, communications, museum work, entertainment, foreign service, and many others. Many continue on to graduate or professional schools for more specialized study.
To enhance their career, academic or professional opportunities, majors are encouraged to participate in paid or volunteer work or internship opportunities.
“My experience at CSU, and particularly in the Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology has been invaluable! The program was both challenging and supportive.”
Sara Bombaci // Master of Science
- American Lives-Methods in American Studies
- History of Theory-Anthropology and Geography
- History of American Art to 1945
- Art of West and Central Africa
- Pre-Columbian Art of Mesoamerica
- Women in Art History
- United States Art 1945-1980
- Art of the Pacific
- Greek Art