B.M. in Music – Performance – Voice
The goal of this Music – Performance – Voice major at Colorado State University is to prepare students to become highly skilled music educators, music therapists, performers, and composers.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||January, August|
|Tuition Fee:||$32,734 per year|
|Location:||Fort Collins, CO, United States|
During this Music – Performance – Voice major at Colorado State University students will gain knowledge of music history and repertory, including representative composers and works according to the area of specialization, as well as study and experiences with music in addition to that of the primary culture encompassing the area of specialization.
Students will demonstrate:
- Ability to perform music from a variety of historical/ style periods, and exhibit the appropriate skills for musical self-expression in juried performances. These skills include: technique, musicianship, tone, diction/articulation, style, interpretation, sight-reading, rhythm, and artistry.
- Keyboard Skills.
- The capacity to create original or derivative music.
- Understanding of the common elements and organizational patterns of music, including musical forms, processes, and structures.
Students are also expected to learn music literature from all periods through aural and score analysis. Performance skills are tested at the end of the sophomore year and in a graduation recital if required by the degree option. Some programs require satisfactory completion of supervised student teaching, an internship, or a senior project.
The professional undergraduate music curricula at CSU can lead to personally fulfilling careers as music educators, music therapists, performers, composers, private teachers, and entrepreneurs. Music graduates from CSU have successfully gained employment in public and private schools, hospitals and institutions, and as professional performers and composers.
“My experience at CSU, and particularly in the Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology has been invaluable! The program was both challenging and supportive.”
Sara Bombaci // Master of Science
- College Composition
- Music Theory
- Aural Skills
- Piano Class
- Freshman Voice Studio: English/Italian
- Freshman Voice Studio: German, French
- Applied Music Instruction: Voice
- Acting for Singers