B.F.A. in Art
The Department of Art and Art History offers several options of study: The B.F.A. Art degree at Colorado State University with studio concentrations in Drawing, Electronic Arts, Fibers, Graphic Design, Metalsmithing, Painting, Photo Image Making, Pottery, Printmaking, and Sculpture; and the B.F.A. degree with a concentration in Art Education.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||January, August|
|Tuition Fee:||$32,734 per year|
|Location:||Fort Collins, CO, United States|
Students of the Art degree at Colorado State University will demonstrate:
- Fundamental knowledge and mastery of media and processes necessary to communicate meaning in a work of art.
- Ability to communicate clearly about their own art and the art of others.
- Knowledge about contemporary art and motivation to view and discuss current local, regional, and national exhibitions.
Students well versed on contemporary art would:
- regularly read reviews of exhibitions in local and national newspapers;
- regularly read art periodicals;
- attend multiple exhibitions; and
- be knowledgeable about contemporary artists in their discipline (i.e., nationally known painters, sculptors, etc.).
Art graduates possess a number of transferable communication, analytical, and critical thinking skills appropriate for work in traditional business as well as positions in academia and roles as freelance artists, graphic designers, art educators, art historians, studio fine artists and as “creatives” in government and industry. Many employers appreciate art majors for their multiple skills and their ability to adapt to a variety of tasks and work environments.
Participation in internships, cooperative education, and service learning opportunities is highly recommended to enhance practical training and development. Graduates who go on for advanced studies can attain more responsible positions with the possibility of rising to top professional levels.
“My experience at CSU, and particularly in the Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology has been invaluable! The program was both challenging and supportive.”
Sara Bombaci // Master of Science