B.S. in Business Administration
The four-year curriculum leads to a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Business Administration at Colorado State University. The program focuses on global orientation, technology, ethics, business processes, sustainability, and corporate social responsibility.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||January, August|
|Tuition Fee:||$32,734 per year|
|Location:||Fort Collins, CO, United States|
Lower-division work provides a cultural and analytical foundation. Upper-division work provides specialized work in business disciplines to prepare students to enter their chosen fields in the business world. At the same time, the program develops the attitudes and analytical abilities required for future professional advancement.
The College of Business has a strong reputation among regional, national, and international employers. As a whole, graduates from the College of Business are well-prepared to enter challenging positions. The program in Business Administration at Colorado State University centers on an approach which emphasizes: knowledge of concepts, processes, and institutions; understanding of the financial, economic, legal, ethical, social, and organizational influences; information systems; and interpersonal communications. The senior capstone course offers an opportunity for students to apply these skills in an active and engaging learning environment.
Students will demonstrate:
- The ability to speak the language of business by constructing and analyzing financial and operating reports and using this information to make various business and capital allocation decisions
- An appreciation of the impact of the marketing environment on developing and sustaining a coherent marketing strategy that addresses the needs and wants of a selected target market
- An understanding of leadership principles, effective communication, and ways to collaborate within and across organizations
- An understanding of risk and the time value of money, how to use and value different types of securities, and how to make sound financial management decisions
- An understanding of the all-encompassing role information technology plays in all aspects of a business and the ability to collect, store, analyze, and professionally disseminate data using business technology tools to solve problems and make decisions
“My experience at CSU, and particularly in the Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology has been invaluable! The program was both challenging and supportive.”
Sara Bombaci // Master of Science
- Financial Planning
- Human Resource Management
- Information Systems
- International Business (second concentration)
- Organization and Innovation Management
- Real Estate
- Supply Chain Management