B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Science
The Computer Science – Computer Science major at Colorado State University is a broad computer science program that prepares students for any introductory position in the field.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||January, August|
|Tuition Fee:||$31,712 per year|
|Location:||Fort Collins, CO, United States / Online|
The Computer Science – Computer Science major at Colorado State University also allows students to select a research area and focus on that topic in their 400-level coursework. Students can also take a breadth focus — a little bit of everything — for a broader perspective.
Upon completing this program, students will be able to:
- Understand how to use the principles of computing to design and develop software and computing systems.
- Work effectively in teams to develop computational solutions to complex problems.
- Communicate technical ideas effectively in writing and verbally.
- Practice CS in an ethical and socially responsible manner, with an awareness of biases that can result from their indiscriminate use.
- Confidently pursue graduate studies or professional employment in the field of computer science.
Our computer science students and graduates are in high demand. Their proven performance attracts annual recruiting visits by industry, government agencies, and research laboratories. Internships are readily available to enhance students’ skills and marketability.
Career opportunities for computer science graduates include:
Software developer, database programmer, computer systems analyst, network architect, web developer, information security analyst, data scientist, computer and information systems manager, IT project manager, cybersecurity analyst, UX designer, cloud engineer, systems architect, mobile application developer, and educator.
“My experience at CSU, and particularly in the Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology has been invaluable! The program was both challenging and supportive.”
Sara Bombaci // Master of Science