B.S. in Mathematics, General Mathematics
The Mathematics – General Mathematics major at Colorado State University is a liberal arts-based program designed to provide a solid foundation in mathematics with the flexibility to explore and develop expertise in other academic fields.
|Full-time Duration:||4 years|
|Starting in:||January, August|
|Tuition Fee:||$31,712 per year|
|Location:||Fort Collins, CO, United States|
Because of its flexibility, this Mathematics – General Mathematics major at Colorado State University is well suited for students who want to combine mathematics with fields such as business, law, computer science, or statistics.
- Obtain a solid background in theoretical mathematics and will be able to participate in mathematical work in a variety of fields or continue on to graduate school.
- Be able to apply a range of mathematical and statistical tools to a diverse set of problems as presented to them in either employment or the pursuit of further education.
- Be capable of describing their mathematical assumptions and results to colleagues.
The Mathematics major prepares students for a wide variety of occupations in business, industry, government, and education.
Actuarial science graduates who have passed the first two professional actuary exams can expect to find positions with excellent entry-level salaries. Applied mathematics graduates continue to find employment opportunities in government and private industry.
Many pursue advanced degrees in mathematics, computational science, or engineering. About one-third of general mathematics graduates continue on to graduate school in mathematics or other disciplines, with the rest finding employment in a large variety of capacities.
Education students spend a semester teaching a classroom and have excellent job placement.
Participation in internships, volunteer activities, or cooperative education opportunities is highly recommended to enhance practical training and development. Graduates who continue to pursue advanced degrees can attain more responsible positions with the possibility of rising to top professional levels.
“My experience at CSU, and particularly in the Department of Fish, Wildlife, and Conservation Biology has been invaluable! The program was both challenging and supportive.”
Sara Bombaci // Master of Science
- Calculus for Physical Scientists
- Linear Algebra
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers
- Culture and Coding
- Mathematical Algorithms in C
- Mathematical Algorithms in Matlab
- Advanced Calculus of One Variable